This research project, funded by The Sanitation Learning Hub at University of Sussex, UK, complements our earlier project where we spoke to frontline WASH professionals with occupations in the government, non-governmental organisations, utilities, academia and private sector (click here to read the results of that project). This time we have interviewed 20 funders of WASH work to hear their reflections on WASH failures. We’re currently working on a peer-reviewed journal article, but in the meantime you can read the practical recommendations to WASH funders that arose from this research, here: Issue 21 of Frontiers of Sanitation: Learning From and Preventing Failure in WASH.
Our awesome research team is:
- Dr Dani Barrington, The University of Western Australia
- Dr Kondwani Chidziwisano, WASHTED – Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
- Mindy Panulo, WASHTED – Malawi University of Business and Applied Sciences
- Dr Rebecca Sindall, Independent WASH Consultant
- Esther Shaylor, UNICEF Product Innovation Center